Lyndhurst Nursery provide quality childcare for under 5s
Our friendly children’s nursery staff are able to manage a wide range of behaviour to ensure every child’s welfare and development. Children benefit most when adults adopt a consistent and positive approach to the management of their behaviour.
By establishing clear boundaries according to the level of understanding, children become aware of the routines and begin to understand what is expected of them.
Children have a lot to learn about behaving and coping with very different environments in their first five years. The children in our nurseries are at varying stages of development.
Our staff are sensitive to the individual needs of each child, their cultural and family backgrounds, and their developmental stage of learning.
Children are not born with an understanding of the rules of acceptable behaviour – they have to learn them, and adults need to help them do this.
Nursery Manager and their teams have a responsibility to ensure that:
- the physical environment is safe, well organised and stimulating.
- all activities, resources and equipment are appropriate for the children’s ages and stages of development.
- when appropriate, children are given opportunities to become involved in their own learning environment including the setting of rules and boundaries.
- each nursery offers an organised environment that provides plenty of well planned and age appropriate activities.
- when they are actively included in positive play with adults, children are less likely to adopt inappropriate behaviour.
- once expectations have been made clear, children receive a consistent approach from the staff.
Children develop and progress best in an environment in which:
- they know what is expected of them and they are free to learn and play in an organised way where good behaviour is positively encouraged.
- opportunities for inappropriate behaviour are minimised.